- Oberthur Technologies (OT), a leading global provider of embedded security software products, services and solutions today announced a key partnership with Telefónica Spain for their migration to the new generation of SIM Over-The-Air (OTA) platform.In order to continuously leverage new technological developments, OT supports Telefónica Spain and upgrades their SIM OTA platform to benefit from the latest standards and functionalities. The migration allows improvements in new service deployments such as:
– Maintaining accurate network settings at any time
– Deploying & activating new services on SIM cards with a short time-to-market on a massive scale after issuance
– Reaching 100% success rate of the OTA update operations
– Simplifying campaign management and reducing maintenance costs.
This solution provides real effectiveness in updating roaming data (SIM always up-to-date) in order to offer customers a reliable experience, both in their country or when traveling abroad. It also allows operators to streamline operations (inventory management, customized profiles, etc.).
“OT’s role is to offer comprehensive and innovative solutions to accelerate its customers’ development while placing data security at the heart of their deployments. OT has been providing OTA services to Telefónica Spain for more than a decade, and is now proud to enhance the agreement with the deployment of a new generation platform”, said Armand Lecorché, Connectivity Business Line Director at OT.